Jack is a busy boy! There is a lot going on in his life right now. He is crawling up a storm ... he can do the loop around our kitchen - dining room - living room in about 20 seconds flat. (Of course, he often gets distracted by the bookcase or the shelves in the kitchen where we keep his treats, but that's another story!) He is doing really well with solid foods, and I have started introducing some new things lately. I made him his very own batch of beef stew last night, along with a lentil casserole that he loved. He is also getting chunkier things like dried fruit pieces and graham cracker biscuits. The only problem with this newfound eating independence is that he likes to hold his own spoon, and he is STRONG. He will grab it out of my hand, try to get it in his mouth (but really just fling food everywhere) and then cry when he doesn't get anything. Poor kid! Although doing that the other morning with cranberries and blueberries was NO fun for Mommy or Baby!
He also has gotten much better at forming words. Justin is definitely "Dada," and man, do I get tired of hearing "Dada? Dada! Dada? Dada." constantly!! I feel very neglected. He also says "heeeeey" all the time, which is super cute. Hopefully soon he will start with lots more words, because he goes ON and ON in his own little language all the time. I can't wait to see what he's really saying!
Finally, he has been sleeping better lately. I think that daylight savings time is actually going to help us with Jack's schedule. Sunday was the best. He woke up at about 4, and I gave him a bottle. He curled up in bed with me in the guest room and BAM! We were both out cold until 9am!! I slept so hard, and so soundly, and I know he did the same. It was much-needed and just a really good way to start a morning. :)
We miss all of you! Lots of love from our wet, rainy house!
No comments:
Post a Comment