Friday, May 13, 2011

Welcome to California...Take 2


I have no idea why Blogger "ate" my last post, although it keeps saying "ERROR: you have edited this post in multiple places," which is probably true because we have approximately 15 iPads, iMacs, and MacBooks lying around....

[EDIT: For some reason, when I posted this, my last post "reppeared" ... so now you get the same story, in two versions. Oh well!!]

So here it is again, with new and improved pictures!

We have been in California for almost a week. It's very hard to believe. It feels like it's been longer!

We are currently in temporary corporate housing, which is 0.4 miles from Apple's campus. It's been nice because Justin's started walking to and from work most days (which have been beautiful, see below!) and it doesn't take him long. As you can see, it's a nice complex, but the parking is a bit tight and maneuvering in and out of that garage is tough sometimes. I am thankful that we are all getting lots more exercise!


When we first arrived, we were all a bit jet-lagged (well except Justin who seems to be immune to that.) Here is Jack lounging in our living room, watching California PBS, which has a lot of the same, but not all of the same, shows! It's been hard adjusting to a few things, mostly that we don't have a DVR (eek! How will we ever survive!) and also that everyone on the east coast posts things on Facebook three hours before they come on TV here. However, I am looking forward to football season, because 7:30pm or 8:00pm games will be on at 4:30pm or 5:00pm here and I will actually be able to stay up and watch them!!


Out kitchen - nothing exciting, but not too bad!
Jack and I have done LOTS of exploring. I have gotten lost quite a few times but that's how you learn, right?? We did spend some time at the pool...the weather has been beautiful (70-80 with morning fog that burns off by 10am for brilliantly sunny days!)


We also went to dinner with Daddy on Tuesday at work. Here are our visitor badges. I would have taken more pictures, but I probably would have been tasered.


In our explorations, we found this awesome park. (http://www.cupertino.org/index.aspx?page=591) Cupertino has lots of pretty parks, and we still have lots to explore, but Jack loves the ducks at Memorial Park. He asks every morning now to go and feed the "hungry Daddy ducks, Momma ducks, and baby ducks." It's so cute!! He loves getting down on their level to look at them.


One Momma and SIXTEEN BABIES!!

Sometimes the geese overrun the ducks.
I also successfully found Jack a pediatrician. (www.doctor-stein.com) He had a meet-and-greet appointment on Thursday and she said he's doing great (as we all knew!) The only oddity was that apparently the pressure on the airplane made his right ear tube start to dislodge. It's been 13 months since his surgery, so this isn't anything unusual, but it is something that we will have to keep an eye on if he starts getting ear infections again.

I will write more soon! Tonight Justin's old boss from Bose is in town (random!) so we are going to have dinner with him and his wife. I will be sure to post pictures from this weekend soon.

One thing that is very different here and is amazing is the produce. It's way cheaper than it was in Massachusetts, and much more abundant. Jack and I stopped at this little roadside store yesterday, and I snapped a picture. I am not sure if you can see exactly how fresh this stuff is, but it was amazing. We had fresh spinach with dinner and we had amazingly beautiful oranges, apples, bananas, and grapes as snack food. Yum!


Oh and Happy 5th Anniversary to my wonderful husband!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your point about football season- that will be SO nice! Before Emma, I would have added "but it means you have to get up early for the noon games." Now, I understand that you'll have been up for hours before that! :)

    ReplyDelete