Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Day of Preschool

Today was Jack's first day of public preschool. I was lucky enough to get him into Cupertino's "Tots" program, for 24-36 month kids who will be going into regular preschool next year. (He can start next fall since he will be 3 before September 1.) It's only one day a week, on Tuesdays until Christmas, but I figured it's a great way to make new friends and to prepare him for real school next year. 

He was SO excited to start school. He remembers daycare, and he knows that his friends like Caillou and Elmo go to school. Once I told him we were going, he talked about it for days, even picking out his own new monkey backpack. 

Getting ready to leave! Happy first day of school :)
 There are 13 kids in his class, and he is definitely the most acclimated to being in a school environment (that makes me so proud!) He happily sat down on the mat for circle time, did his artwork, and helped clean up like a champ! His teacher, Meena, was so impressed. Most of the other kids had zero attention spans and were more worried about where Mommy went than having fun. Not Jack! Here are a few shots:

Playing with the tool station...just like Daddy!


Fireman's hat!

Dressed up and ready to "help people!"

Cleaning up :) What a good boy!!

"Mommy, I made this fish!"

Sad to leave :(

Today's theme was Oceans. Next week they will learn about Apples (eat them, read books about them, learn how they grow.) We will also be taking a few field trips, one to a pumpkin patch on October 18 and a trip to the FIRE STATION on November 8!! I haven't even mentioned that to Jack, because he will literally not stop talking about it until we go :) His teacher is great (she has been doing this for 30 years and she doesn't put up with ANYTHING, from the kids or the moms!! Which is great.) I was a little leery about this program because it's for such a short time, but it seems like a great fit for Jack so far and I know he will love it. 

Even more random, I found out that there are two other little ones in his class who have recently moved from Boston, one from Northborough (the next town over!) Very odd! But we have a lot in common and they seem nice so that's great!

More soon...little man is worn out after his day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment