Tuesday, March 13, 2012

We need more excitement. Life's too boring around here!

Hi everyone! Because life is never dull in the Crosby house, here is the latest update. 

Sunday morning we dropped off my giant jug of urine (EWWW) at the hospital, had some breakfast, and came home and had a pretty relaxing day. I was feeling much better and we all got lots of rest, which was very much needed! The time change messed up dinner and bathtime a bit, but I think that happened to everyone with kids :) 

Anyway, Monday morning when we woke up, Jack had a very runny eye. One of his eyes wouldn't stop leaking tears and goop, and he just generally told me that he felt blah (actually he said "my nose hurts and my throat hurts and my eye hurts".) So I looked in both his ears, didn't see anything but wax, and called the ENT. He was scheduled for an appointment next week but they moved him up to see him yesterday.

We went to the doctor and he said that Jack had an infected / blocked tear duct and a cold, but it was probably just a virus that would run it's course. He looked in his ears and saw all the wax too (Jack takes after his Mommy - he's a champion earwax producer!) So the doctor, who is awesome, took Jack back to this surgery chair in the back, and cleaned out his ears. All the wax came out of the right one with no problem, and his tube was in and clear. 

On the left side, well...the tube had fallen out. It was buried in the earwax and laying in his ear canal. The doctor cleaned out his ear, pulled out the tube, and inspected his eardrum. Surprisingly, the eardum was clear, healed, and without a hole. No infection and it looked perfect! Here's the evidence that he gave Jack to take home to Daddy...


Gigi ... we are keeping this for the scrapbook :)
 Anyway, so now baby boy has one tube in the right ear and a normal left ear. We will see how things go - hopefully, just maybe, we won't need another set!

Monday afternoon, Jack got bored and it was raining. Justin bought a birdhouse kit for us to do, so I pulled it out and put it together for little man to decorate. He made every single mark on this house by himself ... didn't he do a great job?!

Picasso? Matisse? Monet? Hard to decide. 
Today dawned cold and rainy again. Jack had a rough night coughing a lot, and woke up telling us his head hurt. Combined with the fact that his eye was still draining and he was generally very runny, we decided to keep him home from school (sigh.)


He slept in and then went to the doctor with me for my checkup. Of course it's the day that it's raining, the doctor is running late because of surgery, and the heater in their office is broken in the ON position, making our exam room about 15,000 degrees. Anyway, eventually the doctor came in. My blood pressure was surprisingly good at 135/80, and we had a long talk about the dangers of preeclampsia and what it could mean if I develop it suddenly. My lab work from this weekend came back completely normal (yay!!) and she said "I don't want to put you on bedrest, but I DO want you to get more rest during the day." I started laughing - I mean really, how is that possible with a 2-year-old?? But I told her I'd try very hard.

She wants to monitor my blood pressure every week, so I go back next Tuesday (and every subsequent Tuesday until baby comes.) I can't believe it's so close...and yet, so far away!!

Phew! I wrote another book. I hope that I have nothing more to say this week and every day passes very quietly :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you guys have been through it lately! Sorry to hear that Jack isn't feeling well. I hope he wakes up tomorrow feeling like new. And, that is great news about your blood pressure. Hopefully Jack will let you take it easy until baby girl arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will Jack make me a birdhouse to look at out the back windows? I will even pay him or barter for a favorite toy! I love the colors he chose; very avant garde. Oui oui!
    Kisses, SuSu

    ReplyDelete