Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summertime, and the living's easy...

Life with two kids is crazy, especially when one of those is a very active two (almost three) year old. Life with two kids and a helper with you 24/7 is pretty awesome! I am able to sleep when I need to, hand off the baby when I need a break or a shower, and have my favorite home-cooked Mommy meals on the table every night. I have to say - this is pretty amazing and I could really get used to it. Life is going to be pretty rough when SuSu has to go back to her own life...which will never happen. NEVER. Just kidding. Sort of. 

For now, we are all enjoying each other's company. We've had lots of play time (Jack is in seventh heaven because he doesn't have to hear "I can play with you as soon as I finish feeding/changing/rocking/soothing/bathing the baby" right now.) I feel much more relaxed and calm, especially at the end of the day, and Justin and I have gotten to spend some quality time alone together which rarely happens anymore! We are so thankful, especially because he is heading to China again soon. 

Caroline is such a good baby. I know I've said it a million times, but we are so blessed and so lucky. She is a good sleeper, a good eater, and other than a small cold she had last week, very calm and happy. She loves to sit outside at the park or in the backyard while Jack plays, and feel the breeze. We've taken family walks to the park after dinner and she loves to watch the big kids play. She's now on a more predictable schedule, sleeping from 8pm (ish) to 8 or 9am (ish) and eating a few times in between. It's very manageable. She also takes a sizable morning nap and a solid afternoon nap. She's moved to being a tummy sleeper like Jack, which makes her more comfortable and controls her startle reflex.

Jack is starting to calm down (I think.) He still has his moments of being two, but he's sleeping better and being more agreeable in general. We've had a few temper tantrums but nothing too extreme, thank goodness! He is still going to school and loving every day of it. He has a very active imagination and loves to "fight the monsters!!" with sticks and swords. Sometimes his stories get crazy ridiculous, but he's funny and he keeps us entertained. 

Poor Justin is still working like a crazy person but he's loving the time he gets with the kids and looking forward to his vacation in a few weeks!

Here are a few recent pictures. 
Caroline and her SuSu. What a cute blonde (?) pair!
Ready for ballet lessons? Maybe she will be more coordinated than her Mommy...

After bath time. So clean!

So we are trying to organize her closet and drawers. We put half (HALF!) of
her clothes that we washed in her crib while we did it. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! So much pink!

Bundled up and ready for bed!

Smiley picture of the little man.

I love this little face.

Yelling at Mommy.

When she had her cold, she spit up all the time everywhere
because she was so congested. Poor baby girl!

Jack got a scooter as an early birthday present from
Pop Pop and SuSu. He loves it!

Another sleeping picture. I can't resist!

She's trying so hard to smile! 
Another smile attempt. I will get better ones soon, I promise.


SHOES!!! The first pair of a very vast collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment