We survived! We both (all!) made it through our first official day of kindergarten. Before we begin, let this sink in...
Jack had a fantastic day. I can tell that he's at an amazing school, where the staff, parents, and everyone in between really really love the kids. The support network is pretty impressive and I can't wait to become more involved with it all.
Our day started off great. Jack got up, had a great breakfast, and was a little nervous but a lot excited. Before we began our walk to school (yes, we can walk! How cool and old-fashioned is that?? "Boy when I was your age I walked uphill in the snow both ways..." I digress.) Anyway, before Jack & I began our walk, we took some photos because apparently that's the cool thing to do these days...
 |
| I didn't plan my sign too well. Oops. |
 |
Sign says: "First day of KINDERGARTEN!
August 18, 2014 Room 1 Mrs. Toohey REGNART ELEMENTARY" |
 |
This was the moment when Jack told me to stop taking pictures
because I was embarrassing him. We were literally 50 feet away form our house. |
 |
| Checking out the kindergarten playground at school. |
 |
| From Mrs. Toohey. In the bag was a cotton ball, a tea bag, and a tissue. SO cute. |
 |
| Showing off his new name tag. |
 |
| At his table #4. |
 |
That's Mrs. Toohey in the blue shirt and white pants. She's in her 31st year of teaching
kindergarten. She's truly amazing. |
Jack is such a boy. “What did you do today?” “Mom, my teacher has magic sand. Like that stuff at Brookstone that Daddy won’t buy me. It’s so cool.” “Ok what else did you do?” “Oh I don’t know, nothing....”
So I got a report on the magic sand and that's about it. Here's to hoping I'll get more out of him tomorrow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment