Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July, Happy Birthday Colin, and Happy 36 weeks!!

Well ladies and gentlemen, I have officially hit 36 weeks. Jack is, according to all reliable medical sources, "fully cooked." (At least, this is when he is considered full term and would no longer be a preemie if he was born.) Which is great! The bad news is, he is still breech. I don't think that is changing any time soon, so as soon as my doctor gets back from vacation, I will be scheduling a C-section (which I am much happier thinking about as his birthday!) I will keep you posted, but it will be the week of July 27, unless he decides to come earlier which is always a possibility.

Justin and I had a great 4th of July break. We spent Friday with Sam, Tony, and Raegan at their new house in Hopkinton! Like I usually do, I forgot I had my camera until we left, so I don't have any cute pictures of them. Which is sad because we had a great time and their house is awesome!

We spent the 4th with Ben, Blair, and Emma. It turned out to be a beautiful day and we did some grilling, lots of eating, and lots of snuggling time with Emma. I do have some great video, but Justin has to figure out how to load it onto the computer before I can upload it to the blog.

Today, we celebrated Colin's birthday with the first FULLY SUNNY day we have had in about a year! Justin was sick and tired of hearing me complain about not having a pool, so we dropped $35 at Wal Mart and got this beauty (the pool, not the huge whale in the background!)





I am sure that our neighbors love the Redneck Riviera that we set up, but it was so worth it. The sun and the water felt great and even helped my poor swollen feet!







Here is a shot of me at almost 36 weeks, before work last Thursday. (Thanks CBRE for letting me wear shorts!!!! I am so grateful!)

Also, we have almost finished Jack's nursery. Ashley helped us pick out a great rug which we got last week. Once we hang the letters spelling out his name that my mom found, and get up the duck pictures that Justin's mom is painting, I think we will be done! It is coming along nicely and I know it will be the perfect room to welcome him home.


P.S. As a shout out, if you ever need rugs, talk to Jack's Aunt Ashley at http://www.rugsabound.com/ ... she will definitely help you out (even if you are color blind like me!)
Well, that's all folks - look for more updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment