
Today Jack is
5 months old! He is such a big boy! What new things can he do? Let's see...

- Grab objects with both hands and pull them into his mouth. This includes anything from toys to blankets to Mom and Dad's fingers to hair to jewelry to my bag of animal crackers on the airplane. We are in trouble. No wonder he's sick every 4 days!
- Get mad when you take a toy away. This is a new development. Two nights ago he was playing with a teething ring and I took it away so that I could get him ready for his bath (his favorite time!) What did he do? Threw a mini temper tantrum! I was shocked! He is too young to have such a strong personality. Again, we are in big trouble.
- Entertain himself at 4am. Last night, he woke up hungry and proceeded to pig out only to throw most of it up all over both himself and his Mommy. So I changed him, his PJ's, and my nightgown, and of course this fully woke him up. I rocked him for a good 15 minutes until he seemed asleep (FAKER.) I put him down in his crib on his tummy and he promptly lifted up his head, gave me the biggest smile in the history of the world, and proceeded to entertain himself by trying to physically grab and pick up the pattern of circles on his crib sheet. I said... "Jack, I am tired and I am going to bed. If you want to play, fine. But I am not supporting your habit." I left him alone and he was totally okay! I have no idea what time he finally fell asleep but it made me feel good that he could put himself to bed. This bodes well for us!
- Eat solid foods. He is a starvin' marvin!!! Breastmilk is no longer enough for our little guy. He loves to chew on orange slices, apples slices, pear slices, and even lemons (eww!) He loves pureed carrots, sweet potatoes, and prunes. Actually, the only thing that he has so far NOT liked is peaches. Weird for a kid from Georgia!! We are having fun trying out new foods with him (although I have to keep telling Justin that NO, he cannot have cookies, or chocolate, or a piece of steak.)
- Celebrate Christmas! We are going to Sam and Tony's tonight for Christmas Eve, and then it will be bedtime for Santa's arrival for the first time to our house. We are thrilled and hope Jack loves his first Christmas. More pictures soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment