Jack can now go from the sitting position to the laying down position all by himself (or I should say, on purpose, without crying and freaking out!) He can also easily roll over from front to back - but he still isn't too thrilled about going back to front. He also does the "superman" (seen on the video) where he lays on his belly and sticks all his arms and legs straight out. He loves to reach and curl up his legs so I am sure it won't be long before he starts crawling!
Every morning now, and every day after his nap, he flips himself over to his back and entertains himself - at least for a little while. I can't wait until he can go to the sitting position all by himself - he will be able to play with the toys in his crib without ever waking us up! (Hey, we can dream.)
The downside of all this mobility? You have to watch him EVERY. SINGLE. SECOND. On the bed and the changing table especially - he has to be barricaded or strapped in. Also, in his new bathtub which he can sit up in, he falls face-first easily so you basically have to have your arms on him at all times. But it's worth it! He's just learning all these new things that his body can do and it's pretty amazing to watch.
He also raises his arms now if he wants to be picked up. It's new and super cute. At first I thought it was an accident - but now I know it's on purpose and he knows exactly when he wants to be held! What a smart headstrong little boy we have. :) Just like his .... Daddy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment