Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Lazy, Hazy Days of Summer

Well, it's August, and that means that the lazy dog days of summer are here. They should be at least, but they sure aren't lazy if Jack has any say! He spends his days busy as a bee at daycare. They have done lots of fun things lately, like planting a garden, painting with fresh flowers, playing outside in the water table, baking treats for everyone's first birthday (they are all so close in age that most of them have recently had or are about to have their first birthday.) Jack has gotten pretty good at coloring with crayons or markers, as evidenced by his artwork here, which is super impressive because he did it wearing shades!


On Tuesday, one of my friends from home that now lives in NYC, Colleen, and her super-cute 5 month old baby, Brian, were in town with her husband for work. We met up with them for lunch...and I have to say, Jack was TERRIBLE. He screamed, threw his food, crawled out of his high chair, and did pretty much every other bad thing you can think of. I was super embarassed, especially because Brian was a little angel!! Jack is usually so good, and this totally took me by surprise. I can only chalk it up to the fact that he was recovering from his illness, and I had messed up his daily routine by taking him out of daycare. Sigh. I suppose the anti-fun side of parenting has begun in our house... and I definitely think that Jack is now officially a toddler.

That afternoon, I picked him up from daycare, and he was obviously trying to win back my affection by being as cute as possible and doing all of his "tricks" in rapid succession (blowing kisses, high fives, shaking his head no, waving bye.) Needless to say, it worked...

Because with a kid this cute, how can you stay mad very long?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment