Thursday, October 28, 2010

15 Month Checkup

Today Justin took Jack to the doctor for his 15 month checkup. Here are his stats:

  • Weight: 24.5 lbs
  • Height: 30.5 inches
Both of these numbers are in the 25 - 50th percentile range. Jack isn't getting any taller ... but he's not getting any shorter either! :)

He also received a tetanus shot and a flu shot - one in each arm. They have moved up to his arms from his legs because he's such a good walker now. Speaking of... Dr. Hunt was impressed with his walking skills, his hand-eye coordination, and his vocabulary. She said, "Jack, do you know Daddy and Mommy?" and Jack pointed at Justin and said, "Dada." She was thrilled! I am very glad that he is developing normally and is a healthy baby boy.

The only thing we were "recommended" to do ... wean him completely off the bottle. I have been personally putting this off for so many reasons - most of which are pretty stupid. It's time. It's the correct and healthy thing to do for Jack, and I know he will really be totally fine with the transition. It's just so hard to pack up all the bottles and the nipples and know that our little baby boy is no longer a baby! We are starting with a sippy cup only beginning tomorrow ... and hoping that cold turkey will work. If not, it will be a weekend with lots going on, so hopefully he won't be too upset. He has gotten really good at throwing temper tantrums lately - the kind where he throws himself on the ground and kicks, screams, and yells. (See below.) It is not something that excites me but I know it's part of being a toddler. I actually find them pretty easy to ignore, which is what most books recommend. He gets over whatever it is (or himself!) in a few minutes anyway. :)

We are more than excited about the Halloween Parade tomorrow at daycare and trick-or-treating on Sunday! I will post pictures soon. Fall is here in New England and we are loving every colorful minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment