- When you point at either Justin or I and say, "Jack, who is that?" he will properly respond with either "Ma ma" or "Daddddeeeeee."
- If you ask, "Jack, where's your belly?" he will happily grab at his belly button.
- He loves to say "cat" but it comes out more like "thaaack." He screams it at George and Maggie, and also at any pictures of cats that he sees.
- We have several dogs that get walked or run around the neighborhood. Every time one goes by, he stops what he is doing, points, and yells "Goggie!!! Goggie!" I then respond, "Jack, what does a dog say?" and he growls really low, "wuuuuuuff."
- He is OBSESSED with balls. Anyone that has been around him for more than five seconds knows how much he loves balls. He can spot them in books, on TV, and in the most remote and random places. He also has recently become enamored with basketball goals. On our neighborhood walks, he spots and points and yells at EVERY SINGLE ONE. It's pretty funny.
- Since we got the new dining room table, he loves to sit at it with us. Even if we aren't eating. He walks up to his little chair and just points and points until we put him in it - and then he's happy :)
- The kid loves coffee. No joke (and this is just like me when I was little!) ... he will happily drink a whole cup if I let him (I don't!)
- He wears size 5XW shoes. Enough said.
- If you mention going outside, he automatically goes and brings you two of his shoes out of his shoe bin. They usually don't match, but he gets so excited at the prospect of going to play outside that he doesn't mind.
- His new favorite game when we get home at night is what we call the Hugging Game. Justin and I sit indian style on the floor on opposite ends of the room. He runs back and forth between us giving us big hugs and kisses. But man, he gets mad when I kiss Justin!!! He pushes us apart and crawls into the space between us, like "Don't leave me out!!"
- He brushes his own teeth. Sort of.
- He loves to play the "Vroom vroom" game with the boats in the bathtub. He even makes the noise :)
- He also loves to play the "King Jack" game, where we "crown" him with this little circle teething ring we have. He thinks it's absolutely hilarious.
- One of our favorite weekend pasttimes is letting him shower with one of us. He plays at our feet, loving the warm water spray, and never wants to get out!
- He says "the" in front of everything! It's "the" ball and "the" cat and "the" cup. It's really funny! I guess that means he really is learning language skills.
- He's been saying "no" for awhile, but now he actually knows what it means, and responds to questions. "Jack, do you want spaghetti for dinner?" "No." Jack, do you want to take a bath?" "The bath? No." It's really, really cute!
:)
All of those things are so adorable! What a fun age - to be able to really communicate with him and see his little personality. I bet he is so much fun right now!
ReplyDeleteOMG .. Colin and I play the hugging game with Doak .. no lie! Everytime we get home and he is at the door waiting to greet us we get at opposite ends of the room and he will run back and forth with his little screw tail wagging and come right in between our legs and let us scrath his back .. too funny! I know Doak is a dog, but he is just like our child. I swear he is part human ;-)
ReplyDelete