Monday, April 18, 2011

Mommy & Me... Day 1!

So today was my first official day as a stay-at-home-mom. Scary? A bit. Justin and I are both hesitant about giving up the security of a second income, but we both know that we will work this out in the long run however it's needed for our family. For now, I have two jobs: 1. Jack, and 2. Get out house packed, sold, and get out to Cali!

I am actually cheating because Jack will be in daycare for the next 2-3 weeks. But today was a Massachusetts state holiday with it being Marathon Monday, so daycare was closed. Jack and I had a great day hanging out together. We started the day off by going grocery shopping, and then came home to enjoy inside time while it warmed up enough to go out. Jack was super excited about the "bunny kit" (the egg-dying kit that had a picture of the Easter bunny on it.) So I boiled up some eggs and let him get to work:


Carefully (at first) putting eggs in each cup.

Trying to use the metal egg mover.

still trying...poor kid...

"Mom, I'm giving up and using my hands!"

He really liked putting them in all different colors and watching them change.

Yellow to blue to green...

Jack's very pretty creations!
After the egg-dying fun, lunch, and a NAP, we headed to the big park on Central Street. It is still a little chilly out, but it was a good day to be running around. Jack loved running the bases on the baseball diamond and he went down the slide about 10,000 times.

Pointing at ... guess what?? A bird.

Purposefully striding to the slides.

Mr. Serious.

He had no use for Mommy or her camera!

He really, really did love the swings though :) Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment