We were very lucky and excited to spend Independence Day on St. Simons Island once again! It was so relaxing for me to be home again for the holiday - one of my favorites. I haven't been home with my family on the 4th since before Justin and I got married, so it's been over five years. I love the traditions that my family celebrates and I love the fact that it's so close to Colin and Jack's birthdays. We spend way too much time away from our families and it was the best feeling to be with them all again!
We started off the weekend with church on Sunday (Jack was very good, except for a fight with a shelf in the nursery. He lost!) Then we headed to Brunswick Country Club for some yummy southern lunch and Jack enjoyed a ride with Pop Pop on the golf cart:
We spent Monday morning at the Sea Island Beach Club, a long-standing tradition in the Farrell house. Colin and Ashley even made the early-morning trek (before it got too hot!) to enjoy the waves:
| Building a wall with Pop Pop. |
| "No, like THIS!" |
| Going swimmin'. |
| Enjoying a snack in the shade with Pop Pop and Uncle Colin. |
| Lounging. |
| "Ohhh, big truck!" |
| Digging a hole. That a dog promptly peed in. |
| Happy to be at the beach!! |
| Swimming with Mommy and SuSu! |
| Grilling out ... yummy steaks and shrimp that weren't deveined :) |
| Watching the ducks and geese at the Laws house!! |
| Out to lunch after a very hot morning at the park. |
Aunt Ashley has great pictures of us all at the fireworks - so I will post those soon when I can find my camera. Jack stayed awake until almost 11pm to watch them! He was such a trooper and not scared at all.
Thank you to all of our families for such a fun, relaxing, wonderful trip. We know we disrupted schedules and we required a LOT of driving and schlepping and going out of your ways. We really, really appreciate it. We are looking forward to our next family trip home for Aunt Cara's wedding in October!!
What did I do on my summer vacation? I had fun with my family! Kelly, you are a genius at posting the pictures and captions for posterity. Amen to Gigi and Cara for making Jack's transition to Valdosta a breeze. And blessings to Justin and Ken for working so that all of this was possible for us. (We hope to see more of both of you on the next trip!) So sad that summer has to end soon :(
ReplyDelete