Saturday, March 9, 2013

the good, the bad, and the ugly

So. I continue my journey with this body of mine. It has been good, bad, and in between...and I'm still working hard, even though sometimes I get discouraged.

Without going into too much detail, I had a bunch of doctors appointments last week. I had a full physical, and complete lab work done. All of my blood work was 100% normal. (I was a little concerned about hormone levels and thyroid function, but everything was fine.) So that's great! I do still have a right ovarian cyst, but it's shrinking (good news) and hopefully with some work it will be gone soon.

I have been working out a lot - or as much as I can with Justin away in China (yes, he was gone again for the last 11 days. It's a bummer.) I can only get in workouts if I can go when Jack is in school and I can take Caroline to the daycare at the gym...and then only if I don't have any other errands to run, or doctors appointments, etc etc... ahhh the busy life of a mom. But I have been running, do light free weights, and getting to spinning when I can.

Which is good, because bright and early tomorrow morning (EARLY!!! Stupid daylight savings time)... I am running the "408K Race to the Row."It's an 8K run from HP Pavilion to Santana Row in San Jose. The weather is going to be amazing and I am really looking forward to it.

The other major change is that I've been doing the Slowcarb diet, outlined in the 4-Hour Body book, for the past week. I am hesitant to say that it's been working really well...but giving up carbs has been horrible. I definitely had a sugar addiction, and my first 1-2 days without it were NOT FUN. I felt like I was having withdrawals from meth (if, you know, I knew what that felt like.) But after that, I felt much better. One of the principles is to have a "cheat" day, and that was today. I am surprised? saddened? to say that I wasn't as into it as I thought I'd be. I didn't run to a buffet and eat my weight in carbs...in fact, I ate way less today than I normally did before. So, there ya go. We'll see if it works. Low carb has worked wonders for me in the past...hopefully it will this time!

I'll post more tomorrow after the race. Gotta get my rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment