Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease...
So, although Jack is his usual happy self (see above!), he unfortunately has foot, hand, and mouth disease. While it is common, highly contagious, and there is no cure, it is still a pain in the rear as it's just another notch on poor Jack's disease belt. It is going around daycare, and last week we kept him home for a day with a low-grade fever, but he never got really sick and he seemed to recover fine. Today the telltale rash erupted on his bum and his lower back. We are keeping an eye on him as now that he's been exposed, been through the fever part, and is at the end, the only real problem will be irritability and general uncomfortableness. He can go to daycare and go about his day just like normal which is good!
He has his follow up with the ENT surgeon for his ears next week, and his hearing will be checked then too. Hopefully (and we are confident that he will!) he will pass with flying colors this time.
We got his first set of official school pictures and they are adorable! I will mail out packs to the grandparents soon. Don't worry, I bought more than enough copies for everyone!
Other than that, things are gearing up for a busy summer here around the Crosby house. Daddy has been enjoying his new lawnmower, and Mommy has been busy helping her office move from Framingham to Southborough! I am thrilled because it will be a much shorter commute (even shorter than Justin's!), and, as an added bonus, I am finally getting my very own office - and it has reservoir views to boot!
We are looking forward to seeing all of our friends and family throughout the course of the summer. Hopefuly we can keep Jack well for just a few days at least!
Lots of love...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor Jack! I can't believe the run he's had! I hope he gets better soon and he can enjoy the summer illness free!
ReplyDelete