Justin and I are laying there trying to be as quiet as possible and wondering why Jack is still asleep...but thanking our lucky stars.
Big garbage truck #1 rolls by. Nothing.
Big garbage truck #2 rolls by. Stirring.
Big garbage truck #3 rolls by. "MOMMY!!!" Dammit.
So I go in and get him and bring him in our bed. He's laying in the middle of us, and I ask him if he slept good and if he had any dreams.
"Mommy, monster in closet. I scared."
"Jack, there is no monster in your closet! You are a silly boy."
"Mommy, monster!" (Pointing.) "I need eardops!"
"Jack, I don't think you need any eardrops. Does your ear hurt?"
"Mommy, go get them!" (Justin dying laughing behind the covers.)
So I go get the eardrops, and put them in. Then...
"Jack, what do you want to do today? Daddy has to go to work."
"Dinosaurs!"
"Umm...I don't think we can see dinosaurs. What else would you like to do today?"
"Mommy, the monster needs eardrops. And a waffle."
Me to Justin: "These are the kind of ridiculous conversations that I have all day every day, and you wonder why I accost you the second you get home for some kind of mental stimulation???"
Justin, still dying laughing, gets out of bed to shower and says, "Good luck."
SIGH :)
Haha- love this.
ReplyDelete