Saturday, December 3, 2011

Wake up, wake up - It's the first of the month....

Last month, we discovered Home Depot's kids workshops, which they do on the first Saturday of every month. The kids get a project, tools, and their parent (DADDY) gets to help them build that month's item.

Today, we had a quick breakfast and then headed to the Depot. (It's one of Justin's favorite places anyway!) Here are a few snapshots of the two engineers hard at work building a snowman napkin holder...

Opening the package: "Ohh what's that??"

Here Daddy, let me help you.

Jack is a good helper! And totally enthralled with building things.

Video of Daddy and Jack doing their Home Depot project:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAvoGFM-Wrg

I caught a random moment the other day. Jack woke up from his nap and was watching Superwhy (one of his favorite shows all of a sudden.) It was all about how Superwhy was helping his friend the grasshopper find food, because he didn't have any. I was in the kitchen and I came out and Jack had taken his goldfish snack and made a little pile in front of the TV. He told me, "Mommy, that's food for the grasshopper! He can have that!" I thought it was adorable! Here is a short (bad) video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqGgYJtr7i4

2 comments:

  1. So cute!! Adelyn loves SuperWhy too! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love SuperWhy at our house too. I actually think it really helps with learning letters. And how sweet is Jack? Sharing his goldfish! That's adorable.

    I love your gingerbread house attempt too. That's hilarious. We made some last year with friends and I think 2 of the 4 fell down before the night was over. So, at least yours is holding up! That's so cute of you to make with him. I bet he loved it!

    ReplyDelete