Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day!

Today Justin celebrated his first official Fathers Day ... sick with strep throat too! Poor guy. Although he gets only 1/2 sympathy from me because let's just say he wasn't SUPER nice when I was sick!!

Anyway, we spent the day hanging out with Jack and just chilling. We all know that one of Jack's favorite things to do is pull everything out of our pantry. (See above.) He does lots of things (this included) that elicit a "NO!!" from Mom or Dad. Recently (as in, the last 24 hours), he has started laughing and shaking his head whenever we say NO! It's really funny, and we hide our faces as we laugh hysterically at him while still trying to be mad about whatever he's doing. I have attempted to get it on camera, but he's smarter than you think - and he seems to know when we are trying to get him to do it. (Also it's hard to yell "NO!" when he isn't doing anything wrong!)

Anyway, you can kind of see him shake his head on this video when I say "No!" ... and you see a little tiny laugh. But I promise I will get the full head shake and giggle for you soon!

It constantly amazes us how Jack is such a little sponge. He recently learned how to wave, and he's getting much better at waving hello and goodbye. He also copies you word for word if you read a book (especially the Elmo's Favorite Colors book...he will definitely say "red," "blue," "green," etc. - well, as clearly as he can.) He impresses us each day and we are so very proud of him!




No comments:

Post a Comment