- Shake his head NO! This is such a hilarious new thing for Mom and Dad. He gets the biggest grin on his face when he's copying our "no" movements. It's awesome!
- Use baby sign language. He can definitely do "ball" and "more" ... I think the rest are coming soon! The things daycare is teaching him really are fantastic. I am so proud of him!
- Eat real people food! I am not sure if this is a good or a bad thing, but Jack has a taste for the finer things in life - including salmon, hummus, and filet mignon. Sigh. It's going to cost a fortune to feed this kid as a teenager!
- ALMOST walk! He teeters around along the couch and behind his push buggy. He takes cautious steps and falls. He stands on his own for 20-30 second bouts. He's SO CLOSE! We can't wait. I know he will be a much happier kid when he acquires this skill!
- Get bit at daycare. Yup, he's in a big kid's class now...and that means making friends, as well as having "scuffles" with the other kids. Jack was reaching for a toy across another kid's body and the kid leaned down and bit his wrist. It didn't break the skin, but it definitely left a mark. When daycare called me, all in a very apologetic panic, I just said "ehh, Jack probably deserved it." I mean really, what else can you do? Kids that can't talk are bound to express themselves this way. I am just glad that Jack was not the biter :)
- Tell us what's up. He uses many more syllables and sounds to express himself now...and he always wants to make sure that we get the full story. It's so cute to hear him learn, grow, and change on an almost daily basis!
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Jack is 11 Months Old! (Tomorrow)
We are celebrating the last of the "month" birthdays tomorrow... in 32 days, he will be a year old (and a TODDLER!!!) So, it's been a very exciting month. What new things can Jack do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy 11 month birthday Jack! Wow, I really can't believe how big our little boys are!
ReplyDelete