Thursday, January 24, 2013

my personal goal.

I wrote a lot last year about my post-baby body and how bothered I am by it. I try to be accepting, give myself time, be gentle, etc...and I still hate what I see in the mirror every day. (Don't tell him I said this but...) I have a sweet, supportive husband who tells me that I look beautiful no matter what. And I know that he means it - to him, I look fine. To me, I look like a train wreck. At the turn of the new year, I found myself dreading summer and the pool and the beach, and being in shorts and bathing suits all the time with the kids. Caroline will be walking / learning to swim, and Jack will be his usual little fishy self, and me? I was not looking forward to it one bit.

So I decided to do something about it. I was trying to be more active and watch what I eat, but that wasn't doing much. I lost about 8lbs and then the scale stopped moving. I needed a goal. I scoured the internet. I looked to my friends for inspiration. Finally, I bit the bullet and started signing up for something that I never thought I'd ever do ... running.

Jack has been my little trooper. He's super into it and loves running with me. I've built my schedule around getting to the gym and getting on the treadmill. I've done 3+ mile runs twice this week, and I feel great! Fantastic! Amazing! All those things I used to feel after swimming but forgot about. :)

So here are my races (so far.) I may be crazy, but I hope not. I hope I'm on the right path to getting my body back!

Bunny Run 5K

Big Sur 9 Miler (Part of the Big Sur International Marathon...a big deal in these parts!)

2 comments:

  1. Kelly- I am so proud of you. You have been so committed to getting and staying healthy and I love that you keep working at it. California is probably a pretty good place to be a runner since y'all have such awesome weather. Good luck training for your upcoming racer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great goal. I am doing the same. It is quite difficult with one kid, I can't imagine having two kids. You are awesome! I keep telling myself that I hate the start of a run, but I love how I feel afterwards. It's a good kind of pain the next day, too. best of luck and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete