Saturday, April 13, 2013

Caroline's 1st Birthday Party!

Caroline turns 1 this coming Wednesday, so today we celebrated her first birthday with a big party at the house. I am so glad that most everyone we invited got to come...the kids had a blast and it was a beautiful, sunny, breezy day here in California!

Justin and I spent a lot of time getting things ready, and Jack spent a lot of time "helping" us...meaning he took apart pretty much everything we did. But we were all in good spirits because it's such a big milestone we celebrated - one that all of us are very happy to have reached!

Without further ado, here are the photos from the day...

Toby (as Jack has named him) showed up to party. He even ate some lettuce, cheese,
and part of a cheese wrapper (before I took it away.) I'm becoming more sure that he
was someone's pet at some point. He's very docile - he let all the kids pet him!
My grandparents started this tradition on my first birthday, and my parents are
carrying it on for Caroline. Every year until she turns 21, she gets a pearl added to the
necklace. I wore my strand on the day we got married...I hope Caroline will do the same.
It's been so special for me and I know it will be for her too!
Side note: our canvas prints came! Justin hung them just in time for the party.
Aren't they amazing???
Sweet girl on the morning of her party. She was excited, even if she didn't know why :)
Jack "helping" me...
The piƱata...filled with $45 worth of candy. The kids had so much fun.
Dressed up in her Sunday best - courtesy of Bailey Boys!
Me and Ashley Stern - old college buddies of ours that live in San Fran now.
This was their FIRST EVER kids party! I hope they had fun...even if Jack
did hit Aaron in the privates with his sword 5,000 times. 
Ajay and Atharv - who is 6 months old now...and drinking a beer of course ;) 
Lucas chilling in the trash can. Lucas is Maddie's little brother, and their
dad Nate works with Justin doing top secret audio stuff.
Jack begging for cake I'm sure...

Atharv's older sister Aashi. When we first moved to CA, we went to her 2nd birthday party.
These kids are growing up so FAST! Her mom Ruchi works with Justin at Apple.
Sweet Caroline...
"dum dum dum...good times never seemed so good - SO GOOD SO GOOD SO GOOD...."
Lucas, Penny, and Caroline...

Penny girl.
Lucas' older sister, Maddie, playing with "the baby." She was such a GREAT
babysitter! I wonder if I can hire her...?
Watching the kids.
Bailey Dillon! Love his little vest :) He is Riley's little brother, and their Daddy
works as corporate counsel at Apple. Sara and I spend a lot of time running our boys
out of energy together...or trying, anyway.
Cake and cupcake time.
She wasn't quite sure what to do with the cupcake. She didn't smash it
and she didn't even eat much of it. What's that all about?! Major disappointment :)

Jack hit Aaron a lot playing "swords."
I'm pretty sure Aaron instigated when we weren't looking ;) 



Trying to tell her it's yummy. Her look of disbelief says it all.

KIDS LOVE CAKE.


Get your hand into it, girl!


Pinata time!!! 

All the kids got about 10 hits before we got tired (and they got frustrated) and
I busted it open...almost pulling a muscle in the process. Geez, Party City! Your
pinatas are impossible to break!



Molly was the only one who had half a chance.

although Penny tried!

Even Caroline got a turn. 
Hiding in the bushes with a beer. HMMMMM....

She needed a break :)

Maddie, Molly and Jack - all born within ONE WEEK of each other in 2009!

Riley man. He gave Jack a duplicate of his shark hoodie as
a present. Wasn't that so sweet?! Jack doesn't want to take it off. 

Pinana loot.

the BIG kids.

Ahhh, yes.

Ruchi and Atharv - he's so cute!
And finally - Caroline's haul. She is one lucky (and spoiled!) little girl! Missing
are her pearl necklace (it's already safely back in her jewelry box) and her talking purse,
mainly because she won't let go of it :)
HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY TO MY GIRL! I'm so happy we've made it this far. I can't wait for the next year. We love you!

2 comments:

  1. We were so sad to miss this party, Kelly! It looks like such a cute party for her! Spencer's game was that afternoon so we would have only been able to stay for about 30 minutes. I was afraid that might be torture for him!!! Congratulations, Caroline! We need to get our present over to her this week. Can you guys play soon???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday sweet Caroline! We wish we could have been there! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete